Through this Privacy Statement, we live up to our obligation to inform you as a data subject on our processing of personal data in accordance with articles 13 and 14 of Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an EU Regulation that enhances the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increases the obligations on companies who collect or process personal data. The regulation builds on many of the 1995 Directive’s requirements for data privacy and security, but includes several new provisions. The new regulation came into effect on May 25th, 2018.
Transparency and informing the public about how their data are being used are two basic goals of the GDPR.
- Which personal data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- Why do we collect your data?
- What is our legal ground for processing your personal data?
- Who collects personal data?
- How long is personal data stored for?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How do we secure your personal data?
- Our cookies
- How to contact us
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to receive communications from Cibiltech or ask questions;
- the content of the message you send when you have a question;
- your identification information, phone number, resume and cover letter when you submit a job application;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you chose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Cibiltech with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Fill in the contact form to get more information;
- Ask to receive communications from Cibiltech;
- Apply for a job position;
- Your personal data are also collected when you visit our website.
Why do we collect your personal data?
The purpose of the processing of personal data is:
- to improve and secure our website;
- to process your requests and answer accordingly;
- to manage Cibiltech’s communications and send you our newsletters (subscriptions can be cancelled at any time);
- to manage and study applications for job offers.
What is our legal ground for processing your personal data?
We will process some personal data about you based on our legitimate interests involved with this:
- when you visit our website : we may place certain cookies for which we do not require your consent for the proper functioning and of our website;
- When we manage your question/request;
We will process some personal data about you based on your consent :
- when we send you newsletters.
- when you accept specific types of cookies
Contract / intention to enter into a contract
- When we manage your job application form, resume and cover letter.
Under circumstances, we will process personal data not for purposes as established by ourselves or the party on whose behalf we process the data, but to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements. A common example is when we need to retain certain data longer than necessary for our processing purpose, to apply with a minimum retention obligation.
Who processes your personal data ?
The information that we gather is intended for Cibiltech’s Communications Department and its Human Resources Department.
We also share Personal Data with suppliers and service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above.
These include customer relationship management databases, our recruitement database and cooky management.
How long is personal data stored for?
Personal data are kept:
- for “Contact” sections, for the time necessary to process the request;
- for subscriptions to demos and newsletters for the duration of the subscription (subscriptions can be cancelled at any time);
- for the “Job vacancies” section under “Jobs”: we will keep your personal data and documents for a period of 2 years accessible by all HR team unless you object . Afterwards, it will keep them for another 4 years (in archive) to legal purposes.
- for orders for demos, for the time necessary to process the request;
What are your data protection rights?
Cibiltech would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to know whether your personal data are being processes or not and to request Cibiltech for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cibiltech correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cibiltech to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cibiltech erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cibiltech restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cibiltech transfer the data collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Do we transfer you personal data?
When you subscribe to a newsletter or fill out forms, your information are transferred to HubSpot to help our Marketing, Sales and customer relationship Departments provide better services. HubSpot complied with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework until July 16, 2020 HubSpot is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland.
Google complied with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework until July 16, 2020 regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. Google, including Google Inc. and its wholly-owned US subsidiaries, were also certified under the Privacy Shield.
How do we secure your personal data?
We will take reasonable technical measures (e.g. logical and physical security) and organizational measures (e.g. promote privacy and security awareness among employees) to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration or unintentional destruction of your personal data.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Cibiltech, 66 Avenue des Champs Elysées, 75008 PARIS